Thursday, August 3, 2017

Ode to Old Glasses

A few weeks ago I found a page that looked roughly like this in one of my old journals.


Dearest Glasses,

Fortunately you were beat up enough that when Michael gave me a tour of his wallet while we walked around the bell tower courtyard when we started dating, I had something to show off. I’m sorry this was not enough for me to keep you.


Lest you think I didn’t love you, know that I made Michael choose the final replacement pair because, to me, none of them looked as good as you.


I would thank you for not being the pair that babies always steal and proceed to throw at my face, but I think that has less to do with you or my current pair than it has to do with my current life situation.


I can’t thank you enough for granting me vision of my now-husband, Toy Story 3, and the bone spurs on the endoscopy of my nostrils.


XOXO.

Lizzie

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I love this post! I totally relate to being attached to an old pair of glasses, especially when you know the design suits you, and what they have to replace them in the opticians are very inferior and make you look like an old witch!

    ReplyDelete

Ode to Old Glasses

A few weeks ago I found a page that looked roughly like this in one of my old journals. Dearest Glasses, Fortunately you were bea...